M5: Upcoming upgrades/ maintenance

1/16/2019: So what is upcoming on the M5 you ask?  Okay, I know... NO ONE is reading my blogs... 

Anyways...

Currently, from what I could tell I bought the M5 and it was completely stock.  I was planning on keeping it that way.  I took my car over to Cedar Performance in Downtown for a 50k service and oil change just to make sure I was on a clean slate with the car. Of course during my discussions with the owner I had purchased RK Autowerks (SP?) carbon fiber intakes. Why pay for over priced CF intake when I could have paid half as much for down pipes that would provide much more performance gains?  Because I got them for cheap and they look so damn good...  And now I'm hooked....

I have found someone on the forums that will get me a good deal on BootMod3 (sounds like Boot mode) license. So that may be coming in the next couple days.  However, the wife said I would get down pipes for my birthday.  (Yay Wife!!).  That means stage 2.  If you are not aware of how BM3 works, you get 1 off the shelf tune with a new license. Additional tunes are around 200 bucks...  So I am planning on buying the tune and just keeping it on ice until I install my down pipes.  That's right, until I install my down pipes. I am planning on doing as much work on the car by myself as possible. I will talk more about this decision in a later post. So that is the "for sure" modifications coming, besides a new license plate cover and painted side markers (very minor mods but I just makes the car cleaner).

Now, what is on the horizon. I like that the car is comfortable to drive but when I'm in sport + it can get a little unnerving when I take a corner. So some dinan suspension parts may be on the way.  Anti Roll Bars, Control Arms, Coil Kit (?).  I'd really like their wheels but 6500 is a joke... and I rather put that toward a new watch or my dream car that I'm saving for.  Additionally, I will need to do my breaks within the next 6 months and planning on upgrading the break lines as well.

So much for keeping my car stock... I don't think this is too outrageous. All in all, a bit more than 6k (I will probably have a professional install suspension, corner balance, and align my car).

Thanks for reading!
DFW Dad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

M5: BootMod3!!!

Who am I and why did I create the blog?