WatchBlog: SIHH watches I want

1/17/2019:

SIHH is over.  Do you really need to read more about the watches that released during SIHH?  I mean there are much more qualified opinions and eloquent writers that have expressed their opinions.  Well lucky you, I am going to talk about the watches that I liked (and will never buy because they have an outrageous price tag...)  I won't be going into any of the specs, that is readily available via a quick Google search.  This will just be a list of why and what I liked.

1. Audemars Piguet Code 11.59

I am a HUGE RO fan... like I would literally kill for a ROC.  But I also think that ROO looks a bit tacky... So these were a treat for me as they seem to be a bit more understated... for an AP.  So there are 6 watches that were released.  Obviously the coolest looking is the Tourbillon Openworked but my personal favorite is actually going to be the Perpetual Calendar. My favorite complication is a perpetual calendar so I am a bit biased. Even an entry level Swiss perpetual is in the tens of thousands of dollars and this one going for 70k (if you can buy it from a boutique)  I am not really looking to get into a watch that I will rarely wear.  Most of the time these look to be more dressy than not (I work from home and my typical outfit is sweats or shorts...).

Why do I like it?
First, it's an AP.  So the movement and quality are going to be amazing... It is a part of the holy trinity for a reason.  It's a perpetual calendar! THE DIAL!!! is a work of art!  Not a huge fan of the pink gold but yeah... its pretty.  The case size is probably as small as you can make a perpetual calendar, 41mm.  I am on the smaller wrist side so I prefer a 38mm but 41 doesn't look too bad for me as long as the shape and lugs are not to large.

Anyways, check out this beautiful page that AP has on their website for this new release... amazing.
Code 11.59

2. A. Lange Sohne LANGE 1 “25th Anniversary”
Lange has always had a soft spot in my heart. But the pain it would put my wallet through is not something that I could handle. The LANGE1 "25th Anniversary" is a work of art and also makes my list of favorite watches for SIHH.  This one is limited to 250 pieces and comes in just shy of 50k.

Why I like it?
The case back... That is just a thing of beauty. It is amazing what watchmakers are able to do... The blued hands are BEAUTIFUL.  It is also a 38.5mm case which would look epic on my wrist. But I would also be living on the streets if I bought this so... Might still be worth it.




Check out more at Lange's site: LANGE1 "25th Anniversary"

3. Ressence Type 1 Slim
So Ressence has been a watchmaker I have been following for a bit. Their oil filled cases are amazing.  I am no engineer, actually probably as far from one as you can get, so don't ask me to explain.... Because I can't.  Aesthetically, one of my favorite watch makers.  I am a man of very simple taste.  I enjoy monochrome and very simple styles. So, of course, Ressence style does it for me.

Why I like it?
Well let's hit on the things I don't like. It will be about 20k for an ETA movement and is 42mm. Okay so a huge over simplification of the watch right?.. I mean its an ETA but really the technological advances on these watches are unparalleled. So the answer, it looks freaking COOL!!!




Anyways, what are your favorites?  There's a lot to love out there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

M5: Upcoming upgrades/ maintenance

M5: BootMod3!!!

Who am I and why did I create the blog?